Thursday, May 25, 2017

A New Adventure

That's right! God will be taking me on a new adventure this June. This time, to Ojojona, Honduras. This will be my 2nd time in Honduras, the 1st being a brief visit during our honeymoon. Here is what I know about Ojojona:

It was founded in 1579 by Spanish miners. Ojojona is one of twelve villages that make up the Department of Francisco Morazan, and is about an hour south of the Capitol of Honduras, Tegucigalpa. It is situated in a small plateau in one of the hills of Cerro de Hule, at the base of the Payaguagre mountain. The population is around 10,729.

This was such a "random" opportunity that fell into my lap. My friend and discipler, Nancy, was asked to come teach at a two day Pastor's Conference (with 100+ pastors) in Ojojona. She will be teaching Freedom in Christ principles on restoration (I believe). It turned out that there will be a week long mission trip taking place in the same village before the conference, so she was asked to come along and make a week of it. The invitation to join in was then passed down to me...and the rest was history. We will be accompanying an organization called BMDMI (Baptist Medical and Dental Mission International) who will be offering medical, dental, veterinary services, along with kid's sports camps and daily evangelism.

In just a month and a half, God has already handled all the details from finances, flights, passports, etc...and I could not be more excited. If you read this, would you please partner with me in prayer for the week we are there?

Pray for:
Boldness and fearlessness
Against anxiety and worry
Opportunities to heal others physically, emotionally and spiritually
Opportunity to love, serve and form relationships with others
Protection from the enemy



1 comment: